Monday, May 28, 2007

‘American Idol’ Runner-Up Blake Lewis Relieved He Didn’t Win TransWorldNews Press Release

"Blake Lewis seems to be happy with the way ‘American Idol’ voters cast their ballots in the season six finals. The 25-year-old Lewis was recently quoted as saying “In a sense, I’m kind of glad I didn’t win just for like contractual reasons.”
While Lewis is “glad” those contractual obligations fell on winner Jordin Sparks he did say he was a bit upset with the way the finals wee conducted, namely the final song selection.
As part of the finals ‘American Idol’ has the two finalists sing a song written by the winner of a song writing competition. The song, “This is my Now” was clearly more suited for Sparks than it was Lewis and he paid the price. After the competition was over Lewis said “The song is definitely not my style, a song I would never sing if I didn't have to. It fit Sparks perfectly. And I honestly think they should have had two songs that were tailored to both of us.”"

No comments: