Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Parenting Teens » Blog Archive » American Idol Parenting Lesson

Parenting Teens » Blog Archive » American Idol Parenting Lesson: "Where have you learned what you know about parenting? From your own parents? From books you’ve read? From friends? From parenting classes? We tend to get useful information on parenting from a variety of sources in our lives. But who would think that reality TV juggernaut “American Idol” could teach us anything about parenting?! A few weeks ago, I certainly wouldn’t have said so!
However, it occured to me over the last few weeks, as my daughter and I watched the auditions together, that there was a very important lesson in all this for parents of teenagers. As one hopeful teen after another came out to sing for the judges and was rejected, I found myself asking “Who on earth told this kid that he/she could sing?!”"

No comments: